This past summer, I attended the Massachusetts Teachers Association Summer Conference held at Williams College in Williamstown, MA. I was one of nine featured presenters who performed “EdTalks”, (a fun spin-off from the very popular TEDTalks). Over the past several months, the MTA has been posting videos to each EdTalk on YouTube. By clicking on the image above, or the names below, visitors will be linked to each EdTalk as it becomes available.
The following is the list of presenters, provided by the MTA website:
- Suzy Brooks, a third-grade teacher in Falmouth, tech enthusiast, MassCUE Pathfinder and Girl Scout. [@simplysuzy]
- Dan Callahan, K-5 instructional technology specialist in Burlington and chairman of the Board of Directors for the Edcamp Foundation. [@dancallahan]
- Kevin Hodgson, sixth-grade teacher in Southampton and technology liaison with the Western Massachusetts Writing Project. [@dogtrax]
- Lily Huang, public education organizer with Jobs with Justice.
- Diana Marcus, fifth-grade teacher, tech enthusiast and president of the Burlington Educators Association. [@pgroom209 and @marcusBEA]
- Jason Pramas, artist, photojournalist, (non-union adjunct) communication professor and activist.
- Chelsea Slater, student and vice president of the Vice President of the LGBT Student Union at Bunker Hill Community College.
- Wick Sloane, Inside Higher Ed columnist and Bunker Hill Community College professor.
- Mohamed Zefzaf, Massachusetts Bay Community College professor and ESL teacher.
Though I was crazy-nervous before and during my talk, I did enjoy the entire process. Even more, I enjoyed listening to the other presenters, as their ideas were thought-provoking, and inspiring. I can’t wait until they are all online for all to enjoy!!